This website is all about Niles, Ohio home in Trumbull County in the United States. It is included in the OH-PA Metropolitan statistical area as well as the Youngstown-Warren-Boardman. At one time, Niles was known in the area as the industrial belt focusing mainly on the manufacturing of iron and later glass and steel.
Throughout the website, as you browse you will learn more about the history of the town, who founded the town and all the hard times that it had to go through before coming out victorious. You will also find out about the demographics of the town. Attractions may not be huge but you will be able to find out about Eastwood Field and the National McKinley Birthplace Memorial. Along with these interesting pages, you can read more about the crimes that were committed, increasing crime rate and the worse crimes that were committed and in which year, the weather and other natural disasters residents have had to deal with through the years.
Important People Born in Niles Ohio
There have been some very noteworthy individuals born in Niles, Ohio and some will surprise you.
- World War II Naval hero, Joseph Bangust that received the Navy Cross in 1941
- Professional Boxer, Sonny Horne. He fought Kid Gavilan, Pete Mead, and Rocky Graziano among others
- The 25th President of the United States, William McKinley
- Poet, A. F. Moritz was born in this town
- A highly noted individual during the beat era and poet, Kenneth Pathchen
- Author, David Sherman
- The inventor of the hotdog, Harry Mosely Stevens, has a park in town named after him.
- The former football coach at Louisiana State University, former football coach at North Carolina State University, and the former baseball and football player at the Ohio State University, Bo Rein.